We have two copies of Billy Joel’s The Hits to offer all for giveaway. Just contact us via email ( editor at neufutur dot com ) or comment this post for a chance to win. No special things – just hit us up and you are in the running for a copy of Billy Joel’s The Hits. Hurry, though – this contest ends by December 10th.
2011 marks the 40th anniversary of the release of Billy Joel’s first solo album, Cold Spring Harbor, and Columbia/Legacy Recordings will celebrate the occasion with a definitive reissue project of newly restored and expanded Legacy editions of the complete Billy Joel catalog, newly curated collections of rarities from the vaults, previously unavailable studio tracks and live performances, home video releases and more.
As an overture to the 40th Anniversary Billy Joel catalog reissue project, Columbia/Legacy will release Billy Joel’s The Hits — a newly compiled collection of 19 essential tracks– on Tuesday, November 16.
The first-ever career-spanning single disc distillation of Billy’s Top 40 chartbusters & signature smashes, The Hits provides a critical index to some of the most beloved and abiding pop songs of our era.
Between the opening cut, “Everybody Loves You Know” (a deep track from 1971’s Cold Spring Harbor) and “The River of Dreams,” the Grammy-nominated classic that closes the collection, The Hits charts a course through 30+ years of American pop music and culture through the eyes and ears of an artist who defined the times.
Billy Joel – The Hits
1. Everybody Loves You Now (1971, Cold Spring Harbor)
2. Piano Man (1973, Piano Man, #25 Billboard Hot 100)
3. The Entertainer (1974, Streetlife Serenade, #34 Billboard Hot 100)
4. New York State Of Mind (1976, Turnstiles)
5. Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song) (1977, The Stranger, #17 Billboard Hot 100)
6. Only The Good Die Young (1977, The Stranger, #24 Billboard Hot 100)
7. My Life (1978, 52nd Street, #3 Billboard Hot 100)
8. Big Shot (1978, 52nd Street, #14 Billboard Hot 100)
9. You May Be Right (1980, Glass Houses, #7 Billboard Hot 100)
10. It’s Still Rock And Roll To Me (1980, Glass Houses, #1 Billboard Hot 100)
11. Say Goodbye To Hollywood (live) (1980, Songs in the Attic, #17 Billboard Hot 100)
12. Allentown (1982, The Nylon Curtain, #17 Billboard Hot 100)
13. Pressure (1982, The Nylon Curtain, #20 Billboard Hot 100)
14. The Longest Time (1983, An Innocent Man, #14 Billboard Hot 100)
15. Tell Her About It (1983, An Innocent Man, #1 Billboard Hot 100)
16. A Matter Of Trust (1986, The Bridge, #10 Billboard Hot 100)
17. We Didn’t Start The Fire (1989, Storm Front, #1 Billboard Hot 100)
18. I Go To Extremes (1989, Storm Front, #6 Billboard Hot 100)
19. The River Of Dreams (1993, River of Dreams, #3 Billboard Hot 100)