Can you introduce yourself? How long have you been active?
– I’m LexRox and I’m 16 years old. I’ve been singing since I was about 3 years old, but knew I wanted to be a performer when I was 11. Ever since then I’ve been working nonstop on my music career.
How does a track move from initial thought to finished effort?
– For me, it starts out as just a journal entry or story. I write down every personal experience I have and turn it into a song. I read over my story and start pulling out parts that would work for my song.
“Go All In” is your latest single. How has the response been to it?
– “Go All In” has done very well so far. It’s been about a month or so and I’m number 36 on the chart!
What is in the pipeline for the next year?
– This is the beginning of a transition for me. In the next year, I’m going to find new things for LexRox and the team. I want to write more songs and learn more about the writing process.
What are you looking to accomplish when you create music, and how does the music relate to the artistic side of things?
– When I write, I look to find more of my personal feelings. I love writing about my personal life because when I sing the song I can actually feel what the song is saying.
What is in your CD player right now? What styles of music do you feel will be big in the next year?
– I have a CD in my CD player, but I honestly don’t remember the last time I listened to it! It’s all about YouTube and ITunes now! I love listening to pop, country, and a little bit of rap.
What has been your favorite live experience?
– My favorite live experience would have to be when I performed with Raven Symone. I was about 13 years old and being onstage with one of my childhood idols was the best feeling I’ve ever had. I can’t even describe how I felt because it felt like I was dreaming!
Artists are influenced by a wide array of different sources. What things have molded and modified your unique sound?
– Chris Brown is one of my biggest influences. His high energy and dance songs make me want to jump up and dance!
– I want to say thank you to all my family, friends, and fans! I don’t know where I’d be without them.
How can people contact you?
– Check out LexRox.com
for videos and pictures! Follow me on Twitter: LexRoxLV and make sure you like me on Facebook: LexRoxLV.