Some bands leave such an impression on fans that, even after two decades, their sound still resonates deep and wide. Southern California’s STRIFE are just such a band, having once again tapped into the energy that has kept listeners interested for 21 years.
After touring throughout the world in recent years, STRIFE decided it was time to unleash a new batch of songs and break their 11 years streak of recording silence. The groundwork for what would become their newest album, “Witness A Rebirth,” had been laid and their collective efforts began down the road to realization. With producer Nick Jett (Terror, Rotting Out, Backtrack) at the helm, STRIFE recruited friend and previous collaborator Iggor Cavalera (founding member of Sepultura) to perform drums for the album and traveled to Brazil to start the recording process with him. Soon after, they returned to California and put the rest of the pieces into place, including guest vocals by Billy Graziadei (of Biohazard) and Scott Vogel (of Terror), plus a guitar solo by Marc Rizzo (of Soulfly). The result serves as a testament to their talent, bridging their past (especially the highly acclaimed album “In This Defiance,” with which this album shares 4/5 of the members) with a more contemporary hardcore sound. “Witness A Rebirth” is at once both refreshing and evocative.
As long-time fans, 6131 Records jumped at the chance to release “Witness A Rebirth.” Due out November 6th, the album will be available on CD/LP/Digital. We are all about to witness the rebirth of something great.
POINTS OF INTEREST:
* First STRIFE release in 11 years, featuring 4/5 of the line-up from their classic “In This Defiance” full length, plus drummer Iggor Cavalera (founding member of Sepultura)
* “Witness A Rebirth” produced by Nick Jett (Terror, Rotting Out, Backtrack) and mastered by Matt Hyde (Slayer, Hatebreed)
* Guest appearances from Billy Graziadei (of Biohazard), Scott Vogel (of Terror), and Marc Rizzo (of Soulfly)
* Songs and making of videos premiered via various outlets such as Alternative Press, BrooklynVegan, AOL/Noisecreep.com, etc. in anticipation of “Witness A Rebirth”
* Entire album streaming via Vice / Noisey on November 5th
* Music video for “Torn Apart” to be premiered via The Hundreds in the coming weeks