Varicose veins is a painful condition. One who has suffered from this condition already, do not want the problem to develop again. If you are thinking that is there any way to prevent varicose veins from forming again, then let me tell you the answer is a yes! You’ll be relieved to know that now you can prevent the varicose veins from returning by getting treated with the pain-less laser treatment!
Are there things that I can do so that I don’t develop them at all?
Varicose veins develop mainly because of a certain way of living. If you follow certain lifestyle habits, then your chances of developing varicose veins is reduced to minimal.
Avoid sitting/standing for long hours
When you sit or stand in one position for a very long time, it is harder for the blood to travel in the veins of the legs against gravity. This is the reason the pressure in your veins rises. Eventually, this makes your feet and calves swollen and achy as the blood pools around your ankles. Move around to decrease the venous pressure so that your blood circulation is improved.
Follow a healthy lifestyle
One of the affravating factors that increases the pressure inside the veins is obesity. Eat a healthy diet which includes complex carbohydrates, a sufficient amount of protein, high in fiber and potassium and healthy fats to maintain a healthy weight. Avoid foods which are high in salt. Drinking sufficient water to keep a healthy blood circulation is paramount.
Wear compression hosiery
The compression socks and stocking makes it easier for the vein valves to function properly and reduce blood pooling, swelling and pain by keeping the vein valves in the correct position. After wearing supportive compression during the day, you might experience fewer night cramps. Talk to your doctor to choose the best compression option- mild, moderate, firm or extra firm.
Make exercise a part of your daily routine
Practice many poses that mainly includes bringing your feet higher than your heart. These exercises are called inversions and they include a headstand, shoulder stand and Legs-Up-the-Wall Pose. Yoga is another good option. This helps to stretch and tone the deepest muscles in your calves and hamstrings.
What To Do When Home Remedies Are Not Working?
When none of the tips help with your condition, then it is vital you undergo surgery. There are medical procedures that are performed to either remove or close the varicose veins. Instead of treatments that do not provide long lasting results, doctors are at present vehemently using laser-based procedures to cure varicose veins, that too permanently! These are procedures that involve absolutely no cuts or incisions hence, there is no major bleeding. The whole procedure of varicose veins laser treatment is done under the influence of anesthesia therefore, you won’t be able to feel any pain or discomfort. In addition to this, the following benefits make laser procedures more favorable than other treatment options-
- Reduced reccurence rate- Laser treatment provide long-lasting results for curing varicose veins. Hence, doctor recommend them. Although if you go back to following a sedentary lifestyle, they can occur again.
- Almost no scarring- People avoid surgeries for aesthesic reasons. But you’ll be glad to know that after treating varicose veins with laser treatment, there is almost no visible scars.
- Faster recovery- You can recover within two days after surgery. You can resume your daily activity within a week or two after the surgery.
- Outpatient treatment- Laser surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis that involves small incisions. Doctors can discharge you on the same day surgery after keeping you under observation for a couple of hours.
- No restriction on age- These laser-based surgeries can be performed in all age groups. But according to age and type of body, doctors may suggest otherwise.
You can develop varicose veins for various reasons. If you know the reasons for this condition, then you’ll be able to prevent the disease completely. The risk factors that increase your chances of varicose veins forming are-
- Prolonged hours of sitting/standing
- Family history
- Being a woman
- Hormonal replacement/contraception therapy
Now that you know the various factors that contribute to forming varicose veins, you can try the following tips to prevent the condition from aggravating. There is nothing you can do about age, gender, or family history. But regularly following a healthy diet, indulging in regular exercise, staying hydrated and maintaining a healthy blood pressure will help you prevent varicose veins again.