Experimentalist music producer and remix mastermind Diplo teams up with Greensleeves Records to reload and re-release some of Reggae’s greatest classics on Riddimentary – Diplo Selects Greensleeves.
Known for his electronic dub musical styling and as one-half of world renowned production team Major Lazer, Thomas Wesley Pentz aka Diplo lends his eclectic ear and considerable talents as a Reggae selector to Riddimentary. The continuous blended mix covers over 20 years of revoluntionary Jamaican and UK hits from the top producers in Dub, Reggae and Dancehall from the 1980s and 1990s.
The retro flavor and historical context of these selections shine a light on Diplo’s production influences and expert knowledge of the Reggae genre. Choosing anthems such as “Night Nurse” by Gregory Isaacs, “Police In Helicopter” by John Holt, “Telephone Love” by J.C. Lodge and “Anarexol” by Eek-A-Mouse, Riddimentary sees Diplo not only selecting through the Greensleeves catalog but also placing his imprint on its legacy.
For new converts to Reggae or collectors of crucial tracks from Reggae’s classic era, Riddimentary is rudimentary.
1. Who Is The Ruler – Alpha & Omega Mocking Bird
2. Jaqueline – Hugh Mundell
3. Joker Smoker – Triston Palma
4. Police In Helicopter – John Holt
5. Eventide Fire A Disaster – Barrington Levy & General Echo
6. Satta Amassa Gana Version – Joe Gibbs
7. Fattie Boom Boom – Rankin Dread
8. Anarexol – Eek-A-Mouse
9. Gunshot Mek Daughter Drop – Lone Ranger
10. Sweet Sweet Matilda – Clint Eastwood & General Saint
11. Interface – Prince Jammy
12. Night Nurse – Gregory Isaacs
13. Telephone Love – J.C. Lodge
14. Water Pumping – Johnny Osbourne
15. Survival – Prince Far I