Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Your wedding day will be one of the most special days of your life and you want it to be perfect. Let’s look at some planning tips that will make that day go smoothly.
Wedding Day Planning Tips
* Set the date, time and venue. Reserving the venue is one of the first things you want on your to-do list. Decide whether you want a day or evening wedding and who you want to officiate the ceremony. These things need to be locked down as this is the foundation on which the event will be built upon.
* Don’t forget the rehearsal dinner. This is another event that needs early planning. Select the location and decide if it is to be catered or will be held in a restaurant. Either way, a menu needs to be prepared and the date locked in.
* Invitations need to be ordered. One unique idea is to include in your invitation a custom date magnet. Custom save the date magnets is an inexpensive way to make sure your event has a prominent place in the home of those you wish to share this beautiful event.
* Time to pick out your dress, bridesmaids dresses, the tux style for the groom and groomsmen. This needs to be done early, especially if alterations need to be done. The groom may want to pick out his tux, but make sure he understands the overall effect you are wanting for that special day.
* Time to visit the florist. By this time, you should have an overall color scheme chosen. Choose your floral decor and bouquets that include your favorite scented flowers to bring an added depth to your occasion. Paler colors are more appropriate for Spring and Summer where bolder colors are found in the Fall and Winter.
* One of the most romantic events is choosing the engagement rings. A tip for brides is to ask to be included in the engagement rings process. Since you will be wearing this ring as a part of your daily wardrobe, you want a good fit and a ring style you enjoy.
* Lining up your photographer is another line item for your to-do list. Talk to the photographer about the people you wish to include in your memories of this special event. Ask if they do bridal portraits as a part of the package. You may want the portrait done in a location that has special meaning to you.
*The rehearsal dinner or party is another biggie. A venue must be secured along with the caterer. Plus, the menu needs to be decided along with the number of guests. Are you going to have a band or a DJ? If so, you may need to have a dance floor at the reception. Adequate parking is another concern.
* The wedding cake is another very special item that needs some consideration. This is best ordered after you have an idea of the number of guests attending. Some brides choose to remove and preserve (by freezing) the top layer of the cake to enjoy on their first anniversary.
* Gifts for the wedding party does not have to be expensive but should be memorable. You may want to think outside the box to have them made custom either by a jeweler or a local artisan. Do some research and have some fun with this part of the planning.
* Budget is generally a concern. Doing some research will tell you the range of the cost of this special event. Weddings can be very expensive or can be done on a limited budget. Just remember that this day does not have to be costly to be wonderful.
* Planning the honeymoon is also a part of this process. Think about going to a place that will be romantic and includes privacy. Once you have said “I do”, you want to be able to relax with your partner. The scenery will be secondary.
If you are feeling overwhelmed at all the planning that is needed to take place, another option is to hire a wedding planner. You will still have many decisions to make, but it might be nice to have someone else take care of your special day so you can sit back and relax.