With the growing popularity of online casinos, players are getting a fair exposure to the more popular casino games. One such game is Baccarat. It is a live dealer card game and hence even more exciting than the other popular games such as slots, which are good for beginners. If you want to play baccarat games in India, you can join an online casino and enjoy the game. Baccarat is also a fun game where you have a fair chance of winning. But to play any game, it is important to understand its rules.
The aim is to predict the winner of the deal. The possible outcomes are:
- The dealer/banker wins
- The player wins
All you have to do is bet on who you think will win.
Deciding a Winner
The winner is the side that has the total closest to nine in hand.
Value of the Cards
The values of the cards are what count towards the total in hand:
- The value of an Ace is taken as 1
- For the cards 2 to 9, the count is the same as their face value
- 10s and other face cards are valued at 0
- To calculate the final total, the values of all cards are added and if they exceed 10, the digit in the tens place is dropped
The dealer deals two cards each for the player and self – one at a time, both face up. The total of each is calculated before deciding the next move.
- If either of the 2 gets an 8 or 9 as the total, both ‘stand’ i.e. they do not take another card.
- The player will get another card if his hand total is 5 or lower. For a total of more than 5, the player will stand.
- Once the player stands and the banker has a total less than 5, the banker will hit. In the situation of a higher total, the banker will also stand.
The totals are then compared and the hand closer to 9 is declared as the winner.
The wager is placed to declare who you think will be the winner. You can choose the banker, the player or both by picking ‘tie’ as your option.
How Do You Win?
- Bet on the Player
In this scenario, if the player wins, your winnings are double of your wager. If the banker wins, you lose your bet.
- Bet on the Banker
If the banker wins, you get 95% of your bet. If the banker loses, you do too.
- Bet on a Tie
In case of a tie, the pay-out is 8:1
Baccarat is a very simple and interesting game to play where you don’t really play the game against the banker but decide which of the two should be a winner for you to win at the game. The cards are not yours, but the winnings are if your guess is right. To ensure that you have understood the rules well, you can practice the game before you decide to play with real money.