Take returns with a bonus EP featuring remixes from the album “Earthtones and Concrete” and all new exclusive off-kilter, future bangers out now on Inner Current.
“Bee Sting” by from the “Plus Ultra EP”
The “Plus Ultra EP” picks up where the highly coveted “Earthtones & Concrete” left off. This time however Take has brought his friends along for some incredible remixes and collaborations. From futuristic machine click hop, to grimy Detroit influenced bassheavy bangers, to heavy psychedelic uptempo goodies, its all here.
First up is ” Slouched Over’ which is undeniably the hit track off off “Earthtones and Concrete” LP. The demand for a 12″ release was relentless, so here it is. Next up, is an amazing collaboration between Take and young London beat maestro Lukid (Werk Records). The result is nothing short of epic. A mid tempo heater, with an offkilter sway and a minimalist approach that brings to mind a cold winters day in Cologne, Germany. Included next is the instrumental version of “Dream Suite”, from the ” Earthtones and Concrete” release, which featured MC Dutchmassive. The instrumental version is only available here.
Side A finishes off with the grimy hardhitting sounds of RAS G (Poobah Records), remixing “Golden Gate Reflections.” Ras takes the original and completely flips it putting his signature swing on things resulting in a sound reminiscent of dirty broken robots dancing in the sun. The B side starts off with a brand new track from Take. “Bee Sting” is a blunted uptempo number that buzzes with a dirty 80s electro vibe. Swaying back and forth with elements of psych, jazz, and lo-fi house while all along building up momentum. The 2nd track on the B side comes courtesy of Daedelus (Ninja Tune, Plug Research).
01 Slouched Over
02 Navigators [a Take & Lukid collaboration]
03 Dream Suite Instrumental
04 Golden Gate Reflections [Ras G Remix]
01 Bee Sting
02 You High [Daedelus Remix]
03 Like a Drum [a Take and Domu collaboration]
- “Hip Hop music for mediation. Come get served.” -Garth Trinidad, Chocolate City KCRW
- “Take makes music that makes love. His intricate melodies are hugged by warm bass shaking tingling textures from kissing trees.” -Frosty, Dublab
- “Take is foraging a brand of deeply listenable instrumental hip-hop. Hypnotic, psychedelic, laid-back, in other words, thoroughly West Coast.” -XLR8R
- “This music is diamonds in the raw, coal yet compressed, and quite the same, people will be unearthing it for years to come.”
– Daedelus, Ninja Tune, Mush