It’s a good thing that you don’t miss a day at the gym. You are so concerned about losing weight that you have decreased your calorie intake. But, is this diet such a good thing? Fitness gurus will tell you that unless you supplement your fitness regime with healthy food, you will not achieve your weight loss goal. Instead, you will only lose energy.
To lose the fat and build muscle you have to eat a healthy and well-balanced meal after your mma exercise. It should be the right combination of proteins and carbohydrates. Given below are the top 5 post workout healthy meals that are very effective –
1. Chicken, Spinach & Quinoa – To prepare this meal, you need to keep things simple. Use chicken that is vegetarian fed, boiled quinoa and spinach that has been sautéed in grapeseed oil. This post workout mean consists of high quantity of proteins and carbohydrates. It is also free of any dairy or gluten ingredients.
2. Grilled Steak With Salsa Made Of Charred Corn – You need about 8 oz of steak. Combine this steak the greens and corn and you get a healthy, nutritious and filling meal.
3. Protein Cake – To make this cake, you need –
a) Protein powder –3 tablespoons
b) Wheat bran – 1/4th cup
c) Wholewheat flour – 1 tablespoon
d) Oatmeal – 1 tablespoon
e) Baking powder – 1teaspoon
f) A dash of salt
g) Water or milk – ½ cup
h) Yogurt – 2 tablespoons
i) Egg white – 1
Yogurt and egg white are optional but adding them will enhance the taste of your protein cake.
Before you bake this cake, you need to pre-heat your oven at 350 degrees. Whisk the ingredients together, incorporating air and then bake in a greased tin for about 25 minutes or the toothpick comes out clean.
4. Veggies And Chicken Cooked With Cottage Cheese – You need to get low fat cheese for this recipe. You need –
a) Chicken breast
b) Cayenne pepper
c) Garlic pods
d) Red/green and yellow peppers
e) Red onion
j) Cottage cheese that is made from low fat milk
k) Extra virgin olive oil
To cook this meal, broil the chicken breast using extra virgin olive oil, garlic and cayenne pepper. Stir fry all the vegetables and place the chicken topped with garlic and the pepper. Top this meal with the cottage cheese.
5. Quinoa Salad – This summer salad is easy to make and very fast to cook. You need the following ingredients –
a) Cooked quinoa – 3/4th cup
b) Veganaise – 1 tsp
c) Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
d) Chopped avocado – half
e) Olive oil
f) Chopped tomato – ½
g) Fresh basil leaves
h) Sea salt
Combine all the ingredients in the order given above and toss them gently. This healthy meal has all the goodness of strength giving proteins and carbohydrates.
These are a few of the meals that you can have after your your mma exercise or your gym workout. They will give you the energy you need without compromising on the nutrition or the taste.