For people who are fitness geeks and have done their homework, this would be no news. However, there are still many people who actually believe that removing protein from their diets would help them lose weight and laugh at those who take protein powder supplements. Many women and men who are on strict weight loss regimes banish protein because of these myths and lose out on a lot.
So, in the following points, you will learn about many myths associated with protein. If you are one of those people who have been avoiding protein, these points would help you a lot –
- Protein Does Not Make You Bulky – Many women think that including protein in their diet would make them look bulky and give them a six pack masculine physique. They couldn’t be more wrong. You should know that all those celebrities with sexy bodies and curvaceous figures have built up a lot of lean muscle and that is where you need protein.
Protein is not stored in your muscle tissue, so getting bulky is out of question. The body breaks proteins into simpler compounds like amino acids and uses it for energy. So, your body can definitely not store protein to give you muscle mass. You have to work very hard to get a physique like that and gorging on protein would definitely not do it.
- Protein Does Not Make You Fat – The trick is to consume it smartly. You must learn to choose the right protein and if you do that, you would be losing fat instead of gaining it. Here’s a list of the fat content of important foods you eat –
- Red Meat – 6 – 8 grams
- Egg Whites and Fish – Almost fat free
- Chicken Breasts (cooked) – 2 – 3 grams
- Cottage Cheese (Low Fat) – 1 – 2 grams
If there is no fat in your diet, you could attract many health problems like affected hormone and energy levels and issues in brain functioning. Add some avocado, olive oil, lemon and peanut butter in your diet. You could add some vegan protein powder as well to stay healthy.
- Protein Helps In Hunger Control – No matter how strictly you diet, there are always one of those days when you get those binging pangs and want to eat some appetizers. There are many suppressants available in the market that dieters rely on. Did you know that adding a bit of protein to your meal and snacks would help with those hunger pangs? Protein would give you energy and keep your sugar levels in check, unlike carbs, which means that those hunger pangs would be less.
- You Need 1 Gram of Protein for Every Pound of Body Weight – Check your current protein intake and find out if you are following the 1 gram per pound rule or not. If you aren’t, then make sure you do because you need to be healthy and body needs the energy.
There is no point in brainless crash dieting. Your focus should be on getting a beautiful and healthy body, not waiflike, plastic, and malnourished.