The Mighty Fine (San Luis Obispo, CA) has just unveiled a music video for “To Indiana.” The track is from In Revival, the band’s latest full-length on Solidarity Recordings. Directed by Jeremy Wirth, you can watch the exclusive premier of the video courtesy of our friends at Alternative Press.
In Revival was originally issued in 2011 by Solidarity Recordings (imadethismistake, The Methadones, Run, Forever) on CD and digital formats. In April of this year, the label teamed up with La Escalera Records to release a 12″ vinyl version of the long-player.
In related news, The Mighty Fine are currently in the studio with Kyle Black (Set Your Goals, Shai Hulud, Heart To Heart) recording brand-new songs which will appear on a split with label mates The Shell Corporation (ex-members of The Briggs, A Wilhelm Scream and Time Again). The album is tentatively scheduled to be released by Solidarity in late Fall.
As always, if you’d like to speak with The Mighty Fine or need additional info, drop me a line here.
Produced by Nolan Perry, mastered by Justin Perkins (Screeching Weasel, The Riverdales, Direct Hit!) and featuring artwork from Dave Watt, In Revival is the follow-up to The Mighty Fine’s 2010 self-released full-length, Bad Timing For Everything. On its latest stellar effort, the California trio extolls the most positive virtues of contemporaries such as The Menzingers and Against Me! – driving, punchy rhythms, soaring choruses and dynamic song structures – while still carving out a unique space for itself within the crowded punk universe. Played with passion and a fiery conviction, but also executed with precision and carefully considered ideas, In Revival bares the mark of a band ready for bigger and better things.
– Raw yet refined and melodic yet hard hitting, The Mighty Fine have skipped a couple rungs on the punk rock ladder … a must hear band. – AMP Magazine
– A stimulating blend of punk, rock and roots with harmonies proving to be influential in crafting a punchy sound coated with melodiousness. – Room Thirteen
– A very melodic record with impressive harmonies and riffs. It’s just flat out interesting. It’s a pretty awesome sound and I fell in love right away. – Idle And The Bear
– The Mighty Fine race through 12 songs that will get you belting along in no time, and “In Revival” they crank out some fine rootsy punk rock. – Punk Rock Theory
– Passionate and punchy, melodic and refined … The Mighty Fine is getting ready for bigger and better things that are sure to come hurtling its way this year. – Heavy Petal