Never mind the year of the rat!!! 2009 is the year of the Godfather of New York Hardcore, Vinnie Stigma. With New York Blood running through his veins, heâ€™s available to tell you stories of a New York youâ€™ve only heard of.
Steamy clubs and seedy streets: Stigmaâ€™s ready to let it pour.
Hereâ€™s a little historyâ€¦
– “New York Blood”, Stigmaâ€™s debut solo record, releases February 3rd, 2009 in the US.
– Fearless Filmsâ€™ gritty mob flick â€œNew York Bloodâ€ starring Stigma, released January 6th.
– 2009 is the 20th anniversary of Madball, the legendary NYHC band started with Stigma on guitar.
– 2009 is the 25th anniversary of the release of hardcore discography staple, “Victim In Pain” by his band, Agnostic Front.
– 2009 is the 15th anniversary of I Scream Records, Stigmaâ€™s label of choice for European and American releases of his solo album.
– NYHC Tattoos, Vinnieâ€™s tattoo shop in the LES, where he grew up, celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2009.
If you want to hear first-hand the stories that have become legend in song and the songs that have become anthems for a youth movement worldwide, Stigma is available for interview.
We invite you to be our guest: join Stigma and I Scream Records founder Laurens Kusters where it all began, New Yorkâ€™s Lower East Side, for an espresso, even a stroll around the neighborhood if youâ€™d like â€“ as Stigma brings legend and lore to life. Weâ€™re hoping itâ€™s an offer you canâ€™t refuse.
Check out the album at our digital press center: http://www.iscreamrecords.com/pressplayer/
Click the download button to obtain high resolution artwork, band picture and one-sheet.
Be aware, login and password are case sensitive!
If you want to link to Stigma’s myspace and need a nice banner:
Originally a European independent music company, I Scream Records released albums by hardcore and punk bands. In the label’s humble beginnings it was fueled by only a few thousand dollars and Laurens Kusters’ passion and belief in the lifestyle and the power of music. Over the last 14 years, I Scream Records has grown into one of the leading European independent labels. I Scream Records has built an impressive catalogue with releases from bands like Madball, Ramallah, Inhuman, Agnostic Front, Discipline, Deathkiller, MOD, Vision, Slapshot, Guajiro, The Unseen, Stars & Stripes and Backfire and compilations such as The Worldwide Tribute To The Real Oi, to name a few. In early 2006 I Scream Records started its American operations and has since started to make its mark in the States as one of the most diverse independents recently inking a deal with distribution partner Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA).