Somewhere At The Bottom Of The River Between Vega And Altair, the critically acclaimed debut full-length from La Dispute (Grand Rapids, MI), will finally receive the vinyl pressing it deserves, courtesy of the venerable No Sleep Records.
Originally released as a CD in November of 2008, the 2xLP is being pressed on brown / black and clear / black color ways, with each color limited to 500 and a total first pressing of 1000. The records will be packaged inside a beautiful gatefold jacket and the first 100 orders will receive the brown / black combo with a hand-screened d side, as well as a special two color print.
Somewhere At The Bottom Of The River… is undoubtedly chaotic and unrelenting, and its twelve tracks are cranked out with expert precision and the utmost enthusiasm and fervor. Nevertheless, La Disputeâ€™s contemplative attempt to dig below the surface of human interaction while simultaneously gazing upward and inward â€“ both lyrically and instrumentally â€“ is the real driving force behind this album; itâ€™s what makes it truly essential listening.
– Songs that reflect equal parts Mars Volta and Moss Icon, bulging with wildly disparate passages and speak-to-shout vocals. – Alternative Press
– There’s no stone left unturned in the band’s quest to hold back on the distortion pedal and raw-throated vocal hows until the last minute. – Rock Sound
– Intricately crafted, ever-shifting landscapes range from the At The Drive-In-style headrush of “Castle Builders” to “Andriaâ€™s” slide guitar-fueled, neo-rockabilly. – Metal Hammer
– La Dispute have fused diversity and meaningfulness into an album that surges forward without ever looking back. – AbsolutePunk
– Thereâ€™s an intensity on Somewhere…it drags you in; it involves; it makes you want to shout and scream along. – Punknews.org
– A full on aural assault that really hits you like a ton of bricks…give this one a try. It truly is unique. – Pure Grain Audio
– Hella tight, perfectly executed, and full of fury. Get a copy of this now. – Can You See The Sunset
In other news, La Dispute recently confirmed that they will be joining Thursday, Young Widows and The Fall Of Troy for a string of eleven shows throughout the Midwest. The band is also booking additional dates on their own surrounding that tour. Stay tuned for more details…
SEP 29 – Omaha, NE @ The Slowdown w/ Thursday, Young Widows, The Fall Of Troy
SEP 30 – Tulsa, OK @ Flytrap w/ Thursday, Young Widows, The Fall Of Troy
OCT 01 – Lawrence, KS @ Granada w/ Thursday, Young Widows, The Fall Of Troy
OCT 02 – Denver, CO @ The Marquis Theatre w/ Thursday, Young Widows, The Fall Of Troy
OCT 03 – Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue w/ Thursday, Young Widows, The Fall Of Troy
OCT 07 – San Diego, CA @ Radio Room w/ Children of Nova
OCT 10 – Amarillo, TX @ 10th Street Deli
OCT 12 – Fort Worth, TX @ 1919 Hemphill
OCT 13 – Mountain Home, AR @ The Brick Yard (Atrium)