Even though Britain might have decided otherwise, there is no taking away from the fact that Europe is an amazing place to visit for your holidays. With many different nationalities, cultures, and regions to explore all within relative proximity, it is possible to visit numerous countries in a short period of time. If you are a resident of a country that is part of Europe take advantage of the European Health Insurance Card, in case of illness.
- London United Kingdom – Technically at least still a part of Europe London is full to overflowing with history, landmarks, and famous sites. Whether you want to visit Buckingham Palace, Harrods or Oxford Street, you are literally spoilt for choice, and London should be on everyone’s list as a capital city to visit.
- Paris France – Famous the world over as the city of romance, many people also love to visit purely to see the Eiffel Tower. Paris, however, has so much more to offer, and with lots to see and do the only challenge is being able to speak the language.
- Venice – Perhaps not one to visit if you have young children being as every road is actually a canal. This is certainly a different experience that every other city in the world, but will give you time to sit back relax and really take in all of your surroundings.
- Dublin – Quite possible the friendliest city in the world, Dublin is a place where the craic is great, the beer flows smoothly and the food is fantastic. The people are very welcoming, and you can even visit the Guiness factory and see how Guiness is made. With lots of live music and entertainment, you will never be short of things to do, but don’t expect a trip to Ireland to be a relaxing holiday. You will be on the go non-stop from morning to evening, but you will enjoy every second of it.
- Amsterdam – The capital of Holland, Amsterdam is another city, that is often overlooked but provides a unique experience for all. Cycles are one of the predominant ways to experience the city, and you can also visit many beautiful and unusual windmills. For the historians amongst you Amsterdam was also the original home of Anne Frank, so make sure to pay that a visit.
All of the cities above will provide you with exciting and memorable experiences that will remain with you for the rest of your life. With a little planning and preparation plus some time, you could even combine all of these cities into one summertime trip.