Are you planning to move to Adelaide? The city has a lot of offer in terms of sports, culture, and infrastructure. Being a coastal location, it is the ideal place to stay.
Begin Planning Minimum 2 Months before Moving and be done with the Errands within 8th Week
First comes the phase of planning and preparing. You might be skeptical about shifting. Moving to a different country or for those matter different parts of the city isn’t a one day job. You have to take care of various things in advance. It should include pre-planning and forethought.
Since you are planning to shift, this step by step guide that shows you how to plan for moving to Adelaide might prove to be useful. Try to start before the moving date and make sure you complete the tasks at least by the 8th week.
- The first thing you have to do is make an inventory of the things that you are going to take with you. Keep it with you all the time to remove or add to the list. The best way is to create a list on your laptop or mobile notepad.
- Gather the items that you would like to throw away or give away.
- Create a list of people you have to inform about moving to Adelaide. This can be your family members, friends, or employers.
- Check the items you have to decide if you are going to need a professional for packing and moving them or you will be able to do it all by yourself. In case you plan on doing it along, start gathering boxes to pack your things. If you plan to hire a mover company, narrow down your choices.
- Arrange your finances and plan out the amount of money you are going to need to move. Make sure you have enough funds so that you are ready for the surprises during the process.
- If you are staying in a rented place, make sure you give notice to the landlord. Ask for a refund of your deposit if you made one, amicably.
Start to Organize and Delegate
Next, you have to act on the plans you have created. Take out your checklist and start to make arrangements.
- As you have shortlisted mover companies, you have to choose the best one. Talk to them, create a list of the items you want to take, and decide on a price. Make sure that you choose a company that provides good services within your budget.
- Make sure you label each box with the type of item it contains such as expensive, fragile, etc.
- It is time to drop in at your friend’s or relatives’ place to bid them goodbye. You can also call them over to your place.
- You can service your vehicle if you are planning on driving to your new residence.
- Check out the community that you are going to shift to. Learn about the prime attractions and some interesting places that you can visit.
Take Charge as there is Just One Month to Go
You have to be quite active during the last month. Make sure you follow through these to keep getting anxious at the last moment.
- Collect all important documents such as license, birth certificates, passports, etc. and make sure you keep them safe.
- You should get moving insurance as it will save you a lot of trouble.
- In case you have a pet, buy a collar ID. Make sure they have been given proper vaccination and keep records handy.
- If you cable an internet plan, you should make an application already to transfer it.
- Get in touch with emergency technicians for your new home.
- Do the needful to make sure the mails are forwarded to your new address.
Preparing for the Final Day
You should start early with the day. While the boxes are being loaded on the truck, make sure you supervise. Click photos of the empty room to ensure everything has been packed and loaded.
It is good to plan prior to moving to a new place. With the help of this guide, you can eliminate your anxiety and avoid feeling stressed just before the moving day.