The video games industry is enormous, and it doesn’t show signs of slowing down any time soon. In 2020, it was estimated to be worth $159.3 billion, which was a 9% increase from the previous year. People all over the world can’t get enough of playing video games. As a result, thousands upon thousands of new games come out every year, from big-name titles to independent releases and everything in between.
There are loads of companies that specialise in creating video games based in many different places. However, a few countries, such as the USA and Japan, are known for being video game development centres. In other words, these two countries produce a massive number of video games between them, and they’re where many of the biggest companies are located. In this post, we’ll look at which country has produced the best new video games in 2021.
Check Out Great Games
In this article, we’ve been focusing on video games. However, there are lots of other games that are just as worthwhile. Mobile games, for example, are quick and easy to play while on the go. Then there are casino games – play them for real money, and you stand a chance of making a profit. Casinos typically have hundreds – or even thousands – of games. If you’re keen to try some slots, a good starting point is the Jammin Jars demo. This particular slot is fun, entertaining and easy to play.
Digital games have certainly come a long way over the last few decades, and the future certainly looks very promising indeed. Many countries are producing top-rated games, and the industry is becoming more and more competitive, which is only a good thing for players.
What Makes a Game the Best?
Whether a video game is good or not is a matter of opinion. When it comes to looking at the best ones of 2021, we’ll see which ones are the most highly rated and have gone down well with both players and critics alike. Not everyone will like the games, but again it’s all subjective.
So what makes a video game great? There’s the storyline, the graphics and animations, the engagement and the gameplay. People have different tastes, of course, but what everyone wants is to be impressed somehow and feel compelled to keep playing. Immersion is key. The top video games should make you think that you’re in a different world and are disconnected from reality.
Top Video Games of 2021
Of the many new games to come out this year, lots of them have been critically acclaimed. It’s not exactly easy to put together a list of the best releases when there are so many contenders. When determining which country produces the best games, we have to be selective in what we consider. That being said, here’s a round-up of some of the top new video games for 2021:
- Monster Hunter Rise. That is the sixth instalment in the Monster Hunter series, and it tasks you with becoming a Hunter. It’s an action RPG where you explore a world inspired by ancient Japan and perfect your hunting skills to save people from a horde of dreaded monsters.
- It Takes Two. A two-player game about a couple that’s soon to divorce. You play as one half of the couple – a friend plays as the other half – and you have to work together to patch things up for the couple and help them reconnect with their daughter.
- Resident Evil Village. The latest game in the Resident Evil series, Resident Evil Village, has an Eastern European setting and features a host of terrifying horrors for you to face, including sinister dolls, bloodthirsty werewolves and creepy vampires. While it has the familiar horror element found in previous Resident Evil games, it adds some action-based gameplay to the mix as well.
- Hitman 3. That is the final instalment in the Hitman series, gone down just as well as the previous two. Again, a murder simulator is oozing with dark humour. You play as the genetically engineered Agent 47 and use anything you can get a hold of to hunt down the leaders of a secret organisation, the Providence.
- Returnal. This sci-fi video game is about an astronaut who crash-lands on a fearful alien world and ends up discovering she’s caught up in a seemingly endless time loop. It comes with elements of horror and plenty of anticipation and is challenging yet compelling at the same time.
- Overboard! Set in the 1930s onboard a cruise ship on its way to New York, Overboard! has you play as a criminal trying to get away with murder. This adventurous game is bursting with character and does something different by playing as the bad guy instead of the detective.
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the sixteenth game in the Ratchet & Clank series, Praised for its combat and visuals. This third-person shooter and platform game has you explore a range of diverse environments as you work to stop a robotic emperor who’s determined to conquer intergalactic worlds.
Which Country Makes the Best Video Games of 2021?
Let’s see what countries have made the video games we’ve listed above:
- Monster Hunter Rise: made by Capcom in Japan
- It Takes Two: made by Hazelight Studios in Sweden
- Resident Evil Village: made by Capcom in Japan
- Hitman 3: made by IO Interactive in Denmark
- Returnal: made by Housemarque in Finland
- Overboard!: made by Inkle in the UK
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart: made by Insomniac Games in the USA
We’ve selected just some of the most highly rated video games to come out in 2021. As you can see, they’ve been made in several different countries. We mentioned earlier that Japan and the USA had produced loads of the biggest video games between them. It’s so encouraging that some top games of 2021 have been produced in many other countries, not just these two.