Search engine optimization (SEO) is a crucial part of every digital marketing strategy. No business with an aim to boost online visibility can ignore SEO. While many companies do SEO on their own, others prefer to choose an agency to do it for them.
Outsourcing SEO helps you save a lot of time, which you can then dedicate to do important business tasks, such as planning for growth. However, it is crucial to choose the right SEO package to ensure you get the best possible results for your business.
Different Types of SEO Packages
SEO agencies offer two types of packages.
- Standard: In this package, it will include the standard SEO services and activities. This will only cover the necessary things that are needed to improve your website’s ranking and visibility in search engines. There will be multiple standard packages depending on how big your website is. For example, the lowest tier of SEO package includes only 5-10 keywords, while the top tier offers 50+ keywords.
- Customized: This type of package is usually more expensive than the standard ones. It is tailored to the unique needs of your business. Since it is customized to your business only, you are likely to see better results than using just the standard packages. Make sure to discuss what elements you need with your team and the agency to build the best possible SEO package for you.
What Should a Good SEO Package Include?
When choosing an SEO package, you would want to ensure it has everything that you will need to boost your site’s ranking in search engines. Here are a few things that your SEO package must include:
- Technical SEO: Here’s what your SEO package’s technical SEO should include:
- Website structure: Your website’s navigation plays a crucial role in your SEO. The agency must ensure your site is appropriately structured to allow customers and search engine bots to index it.
- Permalinks: It includes ensuring your URL structure is search engine friendly.
- Sitemaps and robots.txt: These elements help search engines better understand your website content and rank it appropriately for relevant searches. Make sure the package you choose includes optimizing sitemaps and robots.txt.
- Page speed: Your site’s loading speed plays a crucial factor in determining your ranking. Google uses site speed as a factor to increase or decrease your position in search results.
- On-Page SEO: Here’s what your SEO package’s on-page SEO should include:
- Keyword research: A good SEO package always includes keyword research. It includes analyzing searcher’s intent to determine the best keywords for your website.
- Content marketing: Publishing fresh content and updating existing ones is one of the crucial parts of every SEO strategy. If your SEO package doesn’t include content marketing, you should choose a different one.
- Internal links: Internal links help search engine crawlers find deep pages on your website. Your SEO package should include conducting an internal link audit and improving it.
- Redirection: No one likes to visit a broken page; neither do search engine bots. Make sure the agency follows a practice to find and redirect broken links to the most relevant new pages.
- Off-page SEO: Here are the off-page SEO elements that your SEO package must include:
- Link building: Backlinks help you increase your domain authority, which, in turn, improves your website’s authority and ranking in the search engine results pages. Make sure your SEO package includes natural link building (and not buying).
- Guest blogging: Does your SEO package include guest blogging techniques? Ask if the agency can help you find and get your content to relevant high-authority blogs in your industry. This is not a must-have but a good-to-have.
- Company profile listing: It includes submitting your site on various local directories to increase your visibility for “near me” searches.
- Press release promotion: Press releases are a great way to boost your website’s visibility online. If your SEO package includes PR promotion, you are likely to see positive results sooner than expected.
Your SEO package determines how successful your SEO strategies will be. If it doesn’t include the necessary elements, you are likely to lose your money. Make sure it has everything mentioned above to get the best possible results.